Thursday, August 24, 2017

Adventures in Second Life




I am by no means a gamer and must admit that I am a wee bit intimidated by the virtual world aspects of this course.  This said, I definitely see the potential of virtual worlds as rich, complex learning environments (especially for language learning), so while a bit reticent, I am curiously drawn to them. I think as teachers we have to push ourselves and step outside of our comfort zone to learn, grow, and evolve.  We constantly ask our students to do so, but rarely do so ourselves.

So far it hasn't been too painful and I've enjoyed exploring and poking around.  I haven't really had the chance to interact with anyone outside of class which is a little disappointing.  As a language teacher, I think one of the most intriguing features of virtual world's is the ability to interact with other, however as of yet I haven't had the chance to do so as every island I have visited seems to be empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment